Maybe all of us have at some time experienced

This forum is our Dharma Wacana and Dharma Tula platform for our English speaking visitors where articles from Ida Pedanda Gede Made Gunung have been translated into English.
Admin
Admin

Maybe all of us have at some time experienced

Post by Admin » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:55 am

Om Swastiastu,
There is an event that often happens but is rarely expressed. In reality, the issue I'm writing about is a very common problem and certainly experienced by all, so, it seems very trivial. For me, the problem is very significant, as the results are potentially lethal for our lives, both physically and spiritually. The problem is as follows; if someone (anyone) is in trouble or is facing problems, the very first feeling to arise is often - REFUSAL. This is followed by an assortment of reasons or a variety of defenses, even to the point of anger, sadness, regret, delaying or throwing the issue to another party and so on. On the other hand, those that are receiving something that they enjoy, whether it is happiness or fortune, they hope that the joyful moment will arrive as quickly as possible. If they would have to wait a few days, they would want the sun to rotate faster, to turn the days quicker in order to find their happiness and fortune in abundance quicker. Observing issues like these, the question arises from my heart; does whatever is causing this in our minds occur or happen often? Because problems like these have happened to me and I’m very eager to find the answer. There are a lot of people or books giving advice like this; when we face difficulties, do not get too sad. Or the other way around; when we experience happiness, do not get too excited. However, after Reflection, my conclusion is that, perhaps, it is related to not being able to understand the teachings of Karma Phala or Cause and Effect. Once we understand and believe in Karma Phala, then thoughts of appreciation and gratitude towards all that we get and find arise, because, they are all the result of our own karma. So for that, let us now begin and learn how to achieve a karma, which later can give better results for our future lives. Let us accept all our karmic development and results with full gratitude

Om Santih, Santih, Santih.Om